Friday, June 11, 2010

Les Madeleines

Not to long ago, I heard about the Kouing Aman pastry, and had to go and try it out! I grabbed my mom and away we went for lunch! We ordered the Sesame Chicken Salad Wrap, Turkey Avocado Sandwich, Pommes Frites, and topped it off with their famous Kouing Aman. The Sesame Chicken Salad had great flavor! The sesame dressing they use along with the chicken and peanut sauce were great flavor companions! The Turkey Avocado was really good, simple and fresh, but nothing over the top. It was good, just not "special" in anyway. I absolutely loved the Pommes Frites- they were crisp and delicious! Not to mention the amazing Garlic aioli that comes with! (The aioli is served with half ketchup, which I was not a fan of... I think it would be better if there had been more of the aioli and ketchup... if any, but I don't really care for Ketchup, and LOVE garlic.) Then came the Kouing Aman- this was delicious! This dessert item is what they are famous for and justifiably so! The puff pastry is buttery, and sugary on the outside and soft and delicious on the outside! They are a little expensive at about $5 a piece, but if you like pastries, well worth the price! I just don't know that if I foot the bill... I don't think I could make myself share! Ha! Lunch was really rather light and fairly "healthy" which rounded out the pastry... in fact I should have tried more! I will definitely be going back to Les Madeleine's to try more of their menu and definitely more desserts! WHOLESOME GOODNESS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment