Saturday, June 12, 2010

Carlucci's Bakery and Cafe, SLC UT

So this afternoon, my mom and I ventured to see the Farmer's Market, but due to inclement weather- decided we would venture and try something new for lunch! After driving around the park, I noticed Carlucci's Bakery and Cafe just across the street from the Market. What a wonderful little cafe! This cute little nook, has wonderful pastries and a great little lunch menu! From the case in the front showcases their desirable pastries and cakes.. that is when my mouth started watering! I ordered the Roast beef with horseradish aioli, greens, red onion on a white baguette. It was delicious! The flavor distribution of the horseradish to meet and greens was perfect. The onion was mild, just enough to add a little flavor. The bun was soft and held everything together until the last bite! Yummy! My mom ordered the Blackforest Ham and Brie with honey Dijon mustard on a white baguette. The ham and brie were of great quality, however, there was a little too much mustard as it over powered the flavors in the sandwich. The sandwich was good, though again, needed less Dijon, so you could appreciate the brie. Each sandwich came with their house pasta salad- a rotini pasta with their house balsamic dressing, mozzarella, zucchini, red onion and olives. At first I was hesitant, but it too was delicious! Then came dessert! We ordered four petites- their Decadence (flourless chocolate cake), Almond Tart, Gingersnap, and an éclair. All were amazing! The decadence was rich and had incredible texture (though I was glad we ordered the petit! The gingersnap was made with real ginger and was soft, yet crunchy. The Almond Tart and Éclair were good, though not much past the competition. I also paid close attention to the plates passing our table and everything looked just as delicious. In fact, I think the next time I visit Carlucci's I will be ordering the Turkey Bacon Avo! Carlucci's also serves Coffee items, of which most all their customers were ordering- along with either a dessert or a sandwich. This little cafe/bakery was really simple and delicious! If you want a simple sandwich and pastry, stop by Carlucci's! It is also quit easy to access from the freeway... and so much better than the common fast food! WHOLESOME GOODNESS!!!

Carlucci's Cafe and Bakery Website:
www.carluccisbakery.com

I have decided to add the link to the restaurant if available, so you too can check it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment